Norway, the kingdom of the fjords
The Norwegian fjord coast is renowned for its striking scenery – steep mountainsides sweeping down from snow peaks to sheltered inlets, rocky headlands, immense waterfalls and brightly painted fishing villages all combine to create the unique atmosphere of this world famous region.
We begin in Bergen, a bustling fishing and ferry port hemmed in by rugged mountains. We then move on to Flåm, an attractive small village ringed by mountains and situated at the head of a beautiful fjord. From here we can walk by fjordshores and reach high peaks. The variety of walking is huge. Moving on, we take the train to Myrdal on the breath¬taking Flåm railway, ascending 865m in 13 miles to the shores of Aurlandsfjord.
Here we travel through amazing tunnels to the village of Laerdal on the shores of Sognefjord, one of the world’s great natural wonders.
Our next centre is Fjaerland, a small hamlet on a rocky headland jutting in Sognefjord. Here the rugged peaks and steep valleys have been attracting walkers since Victorian times.
The city of Loen, with its glacier, lakes and high peaks will be the ideal place for our last days in fjordland. Our transfer back to Bergen for the final night is another highlight. We take the ferry to the mouth of Sognefjord and through the coastal islands (skerries) back to Bergen.
EXCLUSIVE TO THIS HOLIDAY
• Walking on quiet fjordside
• Quiet landlocked fjords with snowpeaks reflecting in the water.
• Open expanses of high tundra with bilberries, arctic cloudberries and prairies of cotton grass.
• Trip on the Flåm railway, cut into the vertical walls of the Flåm Valley.
• Sleep in Vatnahalsen, a mountain hotel in the middle of the wilderness.
• Walk to the glacier Jostedalsbreen.
The schedule might be subject to change; Depending on your needs and your requests, we can provide you individual services (accomodation, land service, guide service, single tours and activities) or a full package tour;
|What is not included||
– All not expressed in the “What is included”, Hotel local tax, Optional activities, − Entrance fees to all scheduled stops, − extra drinks